You might have noticed that steel buildings are popping up everywhere. The huge popularity of steel buildings is due to the fact that with prefab modular construction they can be customized and modified to serve almost any purpose. They can serve as warehouses, manufacturing facilities, business offices, retail operations, storage facilities, barns, and even churches and community centers, but increasingly they are being used for family homes. New home buyers are realizing that a prefab steel building home, sometimes referred to as a ‘barndominium’, provides a lot of benefits that just aren’t possible with traditional building methods. Read on to find out more about why your new home should be built with steel.
The Benefits Of A Steel Building Home
- Fast Construction – Normally it takes months of construction before a homeowner can move into a traditional wood-frame home. Steel building homes are made of prefabricated components that can be moved on-site and attached to each other quickly. They are usually ready to occupy in half the time of a wood-framed home while meeting or exceeding local building codes.
- Customized Designs – One great advantage of a steel building home is its versatility. They can be modified and customized to almost any specifications and dimensions. You can design a multi-story home, put doors and windows anywhere you want them, add a patio and a garage, and much more. And since a steel building home doesn’t require load-bearing walls or supports, you can personalize your floor plans and living spaces all at lower cost than a conventional wood-frame home.
- Attractive Exteriors – The outside of a steel building home offers you just as much versatility as the inside. The steel panels that make up the outside skin of a barndominium are available in long-lasting baked-on finishes in a wide variety of colors and designs. You can use just about any type of siding with steel, including vinyl, wood, brick, and faux stone. You can also use masonry, stucco, and other natural materials if you prefer.
- Energy Efficiency – Steel building homes are fully insulated to keep your utility bills low while keeping you comfortable in any kind of weather. They are much more energy-efficient than other types of homes.
- Sturdy And Durable – Steel homes have proven to be much more likely to survive natural disasters and extreme weather like earthquakes, tornados, storms, and floods. They are built to last with the latest high-quality materials. They are also unaffected by things like moisture, mildew, and pests.
- Very Low Maintenance – Because of the materials used and the method of construction steel building homes are known for being nearly maintenance-free. However, there are some things you’ll want to do to keep your new home in good shape, such as twice-yearly inspections for damage and leaks and washing the exterior. Steelco will advise you on maintenance tips for your steel building as part of our service.
There are many more benefits to owning a steel-built home. You simply won’t find the versatility, durability, and affordability provided with steel in a traditional wood-frame house.
If you’d like more information about one of our steel building homes contact Steelco Buildings, Inc. for a free consultation.
Steel building homes are all the rage these days. Learn more about why you should consider building your next home with steel.