One of the best ways to streamline your Georgia construction project is to hire the talented general contracting team here at SteelCo Buildings, Inc. In addition to offering steel buildings and steel building designs, we are proud to offer an array of general contracting services.
An experienced general contractor can benefit your project, let’s take a look at what a general contractor actually does.
What Exactly Is a General Contractor?
A general contractor’s job is to manage the entire scope of a building project — from buying materials and obtaining equipment, to secure the proper insurance and hiring laborers. They are also responsible for keeping in close contact with you throughout the build and wrapping up the project on time.
A top-quality general contractor is easy and friendly to work with, ultra-organized, great at communication, and hard-working. They should also have secure connections with suppliers, laborers, and insurance providers as well as extensive practical experience working on and successfully completing projects like yours.
How Can a General Contractor Benefit Your Project?
Here are the main benefits of hiring a general contractor for your upcoming build:
1. Management expertise. Experienced general contractors have overseen the completion of hundreds of projects and know how to get any job done successfully.
2. A large network of sub-contractors. They know who to hire and where to obtain the best materials and equipment.
3. Insurance. They know exactly what types of insurance you’ll need and how much coverage is required.
4. Diverse design experience with varied materials. No matter how unique your design, they’ll find a way to create it.
What Should You Look for in a General Contractor?
Unfortunately, not all Georgia general contractors offer the same level of service.
At SteelCo, we’ve heard far too many stories of general contractors attempting to take advantage of their Georgia clients. One of the first red flags you should look out for in this regard is an initial price estimate that’s far lower than you expected to pay.
This is often how a less-than-honest company will get your business. They quote low, do the work (sometimes well and sometimes not), and then charge an exorbitant markup price when it comes time for you to pay the bill. Most honest clients feel compelled to pay the charged price whether they feel it’s justified or not.
Naturally, this is not how general contractor services should be conducted. All quotes should not only be itemized to show you exactly what you’re going to be paying for, but they should also be guaranteed. You shouldn’t receive any large unexpected charges at the end of your project unless they were already discussed with you upon an unexpected revelation or challenge encountered during the project.
Here are some tips for finding the best general contractor in your area:
1. Be sure to read reviews online before hiring a new general contractor. These can help orient you to a company’s quality of service.
2. You can also ask for references from your prospective contractor.
3. Make sure the company you hire is insured and that they will adequately insure your specific project.
4. Ask how you will receive project updates and how often. You should be kept abreast throughout every step of your project.
5. Find out who they plan to hire for laborers and where they will obtain building materials. Get an idea of the relationship the contractor has with these companies. Strong supplier-contractor relationships are best.
Ready to Get Started? Contact Us Today
For over 20 years, SteelCo Buildings, Inc. has been proudly serving clients throughout the state of Georgia.
Our team has experience building everything from small retail structures and building additions, to industrial warehouses, educational institutions, and rec centers. We’ve managed the construction of truck fleet centers, public museums, horse stables, and more.
At SteelCo, we are exceptionally proud of our highly-qualified team – all possessing the necessary experience and knowledge to complete your construction project on time and to your exact specifications. All of our services are top quality, and you can rest assured our pricing is reasonable and honest.
We’d love to get to know your project and discuss your goals and timeline with you. To get a free price quote, contact us today!