The old stereotype of steel metal building kits being suited only for industrial warehouses no longer holds true. Such kits are now available as retail stores, homes, churches, recreational centers, offices, schools, factories, and nearly any other type you can imagine. They offer numerous advantages.
As a material, steel offers many benefits over more traditional building materials.
- Durability: Steel does not suffer from mold, rot, or termite infestation. It holds up against rain, high winds, snow, seismic events, and fire. It will last for decades with minimal maintenance.
- Environmentally Friendly: Steel is totally recyclable and much of the material in your building has already been recycled.
- Strong: Steel has the biggest strength-to-wait ratio of almost any building material, offering plenty of strength with a smaller amount of weight when compared to brick, concrete, or wood.
- Easy maintenance: To keep steel clean and well-maintained, all you need is an occasional hosing down. You don’t have to worry about replacing or removing worn components, such as asphalt shingles.
- Energy efficient: Steel buildings can easily be insulated with spray insulation that also fills gaps and seals holes and leaks.
Benefits of Steel/Metal Buildings
While you can certainly source steel materials on your own from various suppliers, a steel/metal building also offers advantages.
- Nearly all components are included in the delivery from fasteners to beams. You do not have to worry about parts not being available due to supply interruptions or having to spend more of the budget to locate missing materials.
- Steel Buildings save time because parts are included when you need it, and all instructions ensure that the structure comes together correctly in a specified amount of time. Fastening holes are pre-punched and parts are pre-cut making them easier to handle and put together, which in turn shortens construction time considerably. Steel building go up far more quickly than through traditional building methods.
- Metal Buildings are flexible and can be easily customized at the factory to meet local building codes, compensate for different types of terrain, and meet your specific needs. Buildings are available in a wide choice of sizes, styles, and colors, and can contain a variety of windows, entrances, and external accessories.
- When your needs expand, steel/metal buildings are easy to expand, and add on additional space.
If you want to know more about the advantages of a steel building for your particular application, please contact us.