Take a drive around your town or city and chances are good that you’ll see steel buildings everywhere, with good reason. Their popularity is due to the fact that they can be customized to serve any purpose, warehousing, manufacturing, retail operations, business offices, storage facilities, and even community centers and churches. If you can imagine it, a steel building can be designed to meet the purpose. But one use that is becoming increasingly popular is using steel to build a home. That’s because a prefab steel building home or ‘barndominium’ has many benefits that just aren’t found in other home construction methods. Read on to learn more about why your next home should be built with steel.
Benefits Of A Prefab Steel Building Home
- Rapid Construction – Homeowners routinely have to wait months before a traditional wood-frame home is ready to move into. Steel homes, made of modular pre-fabricated sections that attach together quickly and securely, are normally ready to move into in about half the time of a wood home. And they can be built to meet or exceed all local building codes.
- Customized Home Designs – One of the biggest advantages of a steel-framed home is their versatility. They can be customized to almost any dimensions and specifications. You can have multiple stories, windows and doors anywhere you’d like, a patio, and much more. And since a prefab steel building home doesn’t need load-bearing walls or supports, the sky’s the limit with your personalized floor plans and living spaces. And it will cost you much less than a traditional wooden home.
- Attractive Exteriors – The outside of a steel-built home or barndominium offers just as much versatility as the interior. You can utilize just about any kind of siding with steel, from wood to faux stone and brick. Or if you prefer, you could also use masonry or stucco.
- Energy Efficiency – Steel buildings are fully insulated and outfitted to keep you comfortable in any kind of weather while keeping your utility costs low. They are much more energy efficient than wood-frame homes.
- Sturdy And Low Maintenance – Steel fabricated homes have been proven to be much more likely to withstand extreme weather, from storms and floods to earthquakes and tornadoes. They are built to last with the highest-quality modern materials. They are also unaffected by things like pests and moisture so they are nearly maintenance-free.
There are many more benefits to owning a steel-built home. You simply won’t find the versatility, durability, and affordability provided with steel in a traditional wood-frame house.
If you’d like more information about a prefab steel building home, or you’re ready to start building your own, contact SteelCo Buildings, Inc. for a free consultation.